Coffee with Coker
Episode 57: HCIT: Security Risk Assessment
- February 20, 2020
Jeffery Daigrepont and Dan Stewart join Mark to discuss healthcare information technology (HCIT) and the current state of cybersecurity for the healthcare industry. Jeffery and Dan explain the current cybersecurity landscape in healthcare, why healthcare providers are being targeted, and the importance of security risk assessments and security programs.
Subscribe to our feed in Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Spotify, or your preferred podcast provider. Like what you hear? Leave a review! Not there? Let us know!
We welcome all feedback from our listeners. Please submit questions on any of the topics we discuss or about issues that interest you. You can also recommend topics for future episodes.
- Email us: [email protected]
- Connect with us on LinkedIn: Coker Group Company Page
- Follow us on Twitter: @cokergroup
- Follow us on Instagram: @cokergroup
Jeffery and Dan cover 10 questions pertaining to healthcare cybersecurity and security risk assessments for healthcare providers.
- What is the current state of cybersecurity in the healthcare industry?
- Why is healthcare so attractive to cybercriminals?
- What are the top cybersecurity threats in healthcare?
- What is the true cost of a data breach in healthcare?
- What are the primary obstacles for a provider to develop and maintain an adequate security program?
- Where should a healthcare provider start? What key areas should they focus on?
- Why is it important to have a boardroom–level strategy to succeed in cybersecurity?
- How does a provider protect their critical assets as the threat landscape continues to evolve?
- What do you do if you have a data breach?
- When does it make sense for an organization to use a managed services approach to cybersecurity?
What is Your Battle Plan to Fight Cybercrime?
Podcast: How to Adopt Cybersecurity Best Practices
Blog: Five Tips to Keep Your Data Safe
Blog: 3 Critical Elements for Building an Effective Human Firewall
Senior Vice PresidentContact