Coffee with Coker
Episode 45: Espresso Shot #8: Medical Coding Basics
- September 19, 2019
Jeannie Cagle joins Mark to discuss the basics of medical coding for healthcare practitioners. Proper medical coding is essential for both compliance and reimbursement for professional services. Jeannie explains medical coding at the highest level and identifies common problem areas.
We welcome all feedback from our listeners. Please submit questions on any of the topics we discuss or about issues that interest you. You can also recommend topics for future episodes.
- Email us: [email protected]
- Connect with us on LinkedIn: Coker Group Company Page
- Follow us on Twitter: @cokergroup
- Follow us on Instagram: @cokergroup
Throughout the discussion, Jeannie explains the following concepts:
- What types of codes are used to bill professional medical services?
- Which sources are considered “gospel” when coding?
- What are the most common problem areas in coding?
Jeannie also explains the benefits of a coding review and how it can be used to educate healthcare providers on proper medical coding practices.
JEANNIE CAGLE, RN