Coffee with Coker
Episode 42: What is Business Valuation and Why Would I Need One?
- August 15, 2019
David Walline and Yong Zhang join Mark to discuss performing healthcare business valuations and explain their purpose in the healthcare industry. Although a request for a healthcare business valuation can be for a multitude of reasons, most of the valuations Coker Group performs are associated with a pending transaction between two healthcare entities.
We welcome all feedback from our listeners. Please submit questions on any of the topics we discuss or about issues that interest you. You can also recommend topics for future episodes.
- Email us: [email protected]
- Connect with us on LinkedIn: Coker Group Company Page
- Follow us on Twitter: @cokergroup
- Follow us on Instagram: @cokergroup
In a highly regulated industry, such as healthcare, it is imperative to have an accurate business valuation. A business valuation, in the most basic sense, is the act or process of determining the value of a business enterprise or an ownership interest within an enterprise.
David and Yong address frequently asked questions on healthcare business valuations such as:
- Why would a healthcare business valuation need to be performed?
- What is the typical process when a client requests a healthcare business valuation?
- Why is it important to establish the scope of services at the onset of the engagement?
- What approaches are used when performing a healthcare business valuation?
- How does Coker Group value specific assets of a healthcare business?