Coffee with Coker
Episode 114: An Abundance of Options: A Survey of Current Alignment Trends for Physician Enterprises
- May 25, 2023
Justin Chamblee presented this webinar for the American Health Law Association. He analyzes the current state of the healthcare industry and take an objective look at options for physicians/physician enterprises, assessing some of the positives and drawbacks from each and what it may mean for the future.
We welcome all feedback from our listeners. Email us questions on any of the topics we discuss or questions about issues that interest you. You can also provide recommendations on matters for future episodes.
- Please email us: [email protected]
- Connect with us on LinkedIn: Coker Group Company Page
- Follow us on Twitter: @cokergroup
- Follow us on Instagram: @cokergroup
- Follow us on Facebook: @cokerconsulting
In the not-too-distant past, the majority of physicians were in private practice. Then, the market experienced a shift wherein a number of physicians chose to be hospital affiliated, with either private practice or hospital affiliation seemingly being the only options. In recent years, the market has shifted again. Private equity money has created options for physicians that have not existed in the past, entities like VillageMD and Privia Health are rapidly developing employment models providing additional options, and health systems are assessing the financial viability of maintaining their physician enterprises in the legacy state, looking for future potential alternatives.
- Survey the evolution of alignment options for physicians/physician enterprises over the past several decades.
- Dive deep into the current market, looking at current alignment trends and the positives/drawbacks from each.
- Ponder what the current alignment options may mean for the future of the healthcare industry.
Justin Chamblee, CPA
Executive Vice PresidentContact