Coffee with Coker
Episode 111: The Intersection of Provider Compensation and Value-Based Reimbursement
- January 19, 2023
Justin Chamblee joins Mark Reiboldt to discuss value-based reimbursement and provider compensation. He recently presented this topic at the MGMA conference with the goal of answering questions that naturally arise when considering the intersection of value-based reimbursement and provider compensation.
We welcome all feedback from our listeners. Email us questions on any of the topics we discuss or questions about issues that interest you. You can also provide recommendations on matters for future episodes.
- Please email us: [email protected]
- Connect with us on LinkedIn: Coker Group Company Page
- Follow us on Twitter: @cokergroup
- Follow us on Instagram: @cokergroup
- Follow us on Facebook: @cokerconsulting
Government programs initially led value-based reimbursement (VBR) initiatives, but commercial payers are making the shift. CMS proposes to expand access to ACOs, modernize coverage for behavioral health services, colon screening, and dental services. There are also new and exciting value-based care programs being announced outside of CMS.
Justin and Mark look ahead at the value-based care initiatives on the horizon, and how these programs should intersect with provider compensation.
- Further understanding of how value-based reimbursement is manifesting itself in the market
- Answer questions that naturally arise when considering the intersection of value-based reimbursement and provider compensation
- Equip attendees with practical steps to further align their provider compensation strategies with current reimbursement environment
Justin Chamblee, CPA
Executive Vice PresidentContact