Coffee with Coker
Episode 100: How Could Artificial Intelligence Improve the Patient Experience?
- April 21, 2022
Jeffery Daigrepont interviews Dr. Neil Baum, an early pioneer in the healthcare IT industry. They discuss patient care ethics and how artificial intelligence impacts the provider-patient dynamic.
We welcome all feedback from our listeners. Email us questions on any of the topics we discuss or questions about issues that interest you. You can also provide recommendations on matters for future episodes.
- Please email us: [email protected]
- Connect with us on LinkedIn: Coker Group Company Page
- Follow us on Twitter: @cokergroup
- Follow us on Instagram: @cokergroup
- Follow us on Facebook: @cokerconsulting
As healthcare technology has evolved, healthcare providers are spending less time focusing on the patient, and more time focusing on their computer or tablet screens. The rise of telemedicine has furthered that barrier, putting a screen between the provider and the patient and removing empathy from the patient visit.
For this reason, Dr. Baum and Jeffery believe artificial intelligence will never replace the provider-patient interaction. A patient entrusts a healthcare provider with sensitive, personal information, and in turn, the provider connects with the patient, providing personalized care.
In which instances do you think artificial intelligence could take over and improve the patient experience?
- Artificial Intelligence: Perhaps More Intelligent Than You Think!
- Is Information Technology a Competitive Necessity or a Competitive Advantage?
- Connect with Dr. Baum
Senior Vice PresidentContact