Areas of Expertise
Villanova University School of Law
Juris Doctor and Master of Business Administration
Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering
Minor in Business Administration and Minor in Mathematics
United States Patent and Trademark Office Bar
North Carolina Bar Association
North Carolina Real Estate Commission Licensee
Will Kaufmann is a manager at Coker Group. He specializes in fair market value analyses for compensation arrangements that may have Stark and/or Anti-Kickback implications. His focus spans the fair market value and commercial reasonableness analysis of hospital arrangements with physicians for clients nationwide, and he primarily serves the Raleigh and surrounding North Carolina markets.
Prior to working in valuation, Will practiced law in real estate, bankruptcy, and intellectual property. He earned a Juris Doctor from The Villanova University Charles Widger School of Law, a Master of Business Administration from Villanova University, and a Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering from Northeastern University with minors in Mathematics and Business Administration. Will is a member of the Pennsylvania Bar and part of the North Carolina Bar Association, as well as a licensed real estate broker in North Carolina.
- Assists clients nationwide on physician compensation design and FMV.
- Provides consulting services related to burn, wound care, and hyperbaric treatment centers; physician compensation plans; pathology services arrangements; service-line management arrangements; hospital-based support payments (i.e., collections guarantees and subsidies); and more.
- Assesses FMV of unique arrangements, such as software licensing and proprietary supplies agreements.
- Experience working with a wide variety of clients ranging from rural hospitals to large multi-hospital health systems.
- Consults hospitals and physician groups on strategic and operational matters.
- Assists with valuing and structuring complex perfusion services arrangements.
- Publishes and researches relevant content for prevalent challenges facing the healthcare industry.