Areas of Expertise
- Clinical Information Systems (Selection/Implementation/Optimization)
- Contracting (Employment, Payer, IT Vendor)
- Cyber Security
- HIPAA Compliance
- Hospital/Physician Alignment/Integration
- Interim Management
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Patient Access
- Performance Improvement
- Population Health Management
- Post-Merger Integration
- Revenue Cycle Optimization
- Strategic Planning
Case Western Reserve University
Master of Business Administration
Cleveland State University
Bachelor of Art, Business Administration
Fellow, College of Healthcare Information Management Executives
Certified Leadership Speaker, Teacher, Trainer, and Coach for the John Maxwell Team
Healthcare Information Management Systems Society
Terry J. Wilk, FCHIME, a senior vice president in Coker Group’s healthcare technology division, is a four-time healthcare chief information officer (CIO) whose expertise spans the full range of IT executive oversight, from strategic planning, IT governance, organizational design, vendor selection, and contract negotiations to complex IT system implementation, crisis management, and operational turnarounds.
Mr. Wilk partners with healthcare executives, physicians, and staffs to converge strategic planning with tactical execution so organizations can effectively use technology to face unprecedented pressures and massive change amid ambiguity. He guides technology organizations to meet the demand for effective IT services while seeking flawless execution of healthcare technology strategic plans.
Wilk helps organizations cast a clear technology vision and create accountable environments that attract and retain staff who have a passion for helping their organizations succeed. He believes that CIOs need to develop productive teams that are focused on achieving organizational goals while supporting one another and their customers.
Mr. Wilk is certified to speak, teach, train, and coach using John Maxwell’s leadership development philosophy and materials to add life-changing value to individuals and organizations. He conducts leadership seminars, leads mastermind groups, and provides individual and group leadership mentoring and coaching.
- Garnered over 40 years of experience working for large health systems, community hospitals, IT consulting and vendor organizations with more than 20 years working as a healthcare CIO.
- Served as an executive program and/or project manager for several IT implementation projects and a multi-location physician practice acquisition project.
- Fulfilled interim CIO assignments at a 120-bed hospital and 200+ multi-specialty physician group.
- Led and facilitated various electronic health record and revenue cycle IT system selection projects.
- Helped craft the firm’s initial population health consulting strategy including identifying the IT implications of such an approach.
- Conducted webinars and podcasts and published white papers on various healthcare technology and leadership topics.