Areas of Expertise
- Compensation (Physician and Executive)
- Contracting (Employment, Payer, IT Vendor)
- Due Diligence
- Fair Market Value/Commercial Reasonableness Opinions
- Hospital/Physician Alignment/Integration
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Performance Improvement
- Post-Merger Integration
- Quality-Based Healthcare Initiatives
- Revenue Cycle Optimization
- Strategic Planning
- Transaction Advisory
- Value-Based Care and Reimbursement
Master of Health Administration
Thomas Edison State College
Bachelor of Science, Business Administration
Trenton, New Jersey
Fellow, Healthcare Financial Management Association
Certified Medical Practice Executive
Certified as a Six Sigma Black Belt
Healthcare Financial Management Association
Medical Group Management Association
Stephen Ross, a senior manager with Coker Group, has over 15 years of industry experience successfully leading health system strategy and business development, mergers and acquisitions, physician practice/health system integration, physician compensation administration and plan redesign, operational efficiency, and financial and revenue cycle operations.
He specializes in assisting healthcare organizations in the areas of hospital-physician alignment transactions, compensation valuation work, compensation plan redesign, strategic business planning, and operational/financial performance improvement. He has experience with multi-specialty physician practice administration, physician network development, Stark, anti-kickback, healthcare finance, reimbursement, budgeting, capital management, internal auditing, managed care, facility planning, and project management.
- Led health systems in the development of strategic business plans.
- Developed physician compensation plans for hospitals and large physician groups.
- Reviewed physician compensation models through compensation valuation work.
- Assisted healthcare organizations with hospital-physician alignment transactions.