Areas of Expertise
University of Southern California
Bachelor of Arts, Education
Los Angeles, California
College of Holy Names
State of California Standard Teaching Credential
San Jose, California
American College of Medical Staff Development, Board Certification, CMSR
National Association of Physician Recruiters
Medical Group Management Association
American College of Healthcare Executives
Sandy Champion, CMSR, is a vice president at Coker Group. With over 20 years of experience, Ms. Champion has gained a reputation as an expert in community needs assessment (CNA), community health needs assessment (CHNA), physician recruitment, and medical staff development and strategic planning. She also works on other projects related to hospital operations and strategic services.
- Served as a hospital executive in California, Oregon, and Washington.
- Founder and president of Champion Healthcare Consulting Group, a healthcare consulting firm of 17 years specializing in medical staff planning and development.
- Developed the Demand Tool for physician forecast assessment planning.
- Earned national recognition and the National Achievement Award by the American Academy of Medical Management for her successful approach to the recruitment planning process.
- Works with healthcare planning leaders, such as the National Centers for Workforce Planning in Washington, D.C., to improve the integration of provider supply.