Areas of Expertise
- Coding and Documentation Assessments and Audits
- Compensation (Physician and Executive)
- Compliance Programs
- Compliance Services
- Due Diligence
- Fair Market Value/Commercial Reasonableness Opinions
- HIPAA Compliance
- Hospital/Physician Alignment/Integration
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Population Health Management
- Quality-Based Healthcare Initiatives
- Regulatory Compliance
- Transaction Advisory
University of Louisville
Juris Doctor, Magna Cum Laude
University of California at San Francisco
Master of Science, Nursing
San Francisco, California
University of San Francisco
Bachelor of Science, Nursing
San Francisco, California
Certified in Healthcare Compliance
Certified in Healthcare Privacy Compliance
American Health Lawyers Association
Healthcare Compliance Association
Roz Cordini, JD, MSN, RN, CHC, CHPC, is a senior vice president with Coker Group. Ms. Cordini leads the coding and compliance service line to focus on Office Inspector General program compliance, including compliance program development, compliance effectiveness reviews, compliance investigations, physician compensation governance procedures, and governance education. She delivers advisory services to boards of directors and senior leaders regarding compliance, virtual compliance officer services, provider documentation and coding audits, and other compliance-related services. These include physician arrangements audits, facilitation of root cause analyses/failure mode effectiveness, and criticality analyses for identified compliance violations, and mergers and acquisitions compliance due diligence. Additionally, Coker’s compliance services include Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) privacy assessments and security risk analyses.
Additionally, Roz’s legal experience helps organizations developing novel structures, such as clinically integrated networks, to understand the statutory and regulatory environment surrounding these entities. While not providing legal advice to clients in these matters, she can provide invaluable guidance and advisory services that ensure the compliance of the innovative integration of clinical providers.
Ms. Cordini is also a registered nurse, certified in healthcare compliance and healthcare privacy compliance, and experienced as a healthcare regulatory attorney with a solid clinical and healthcare leadership background. She is a frequent speaker on healthcare compliance, including compliance program effectiveness and the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA), electronic health record compliance concerns, population health management, and more.
- Served as the health system chief compliance officer and provided support to the hospital’s principal legal officer in managing the legal services division (legal services, privacy and security, compliance and internal audit, and risk management) for an extensive system in western Kentucky.
- As healthcare regulatory counsel in the healthcare practice of a large regional law firm, advised and counseled clients in a broad range of healthcare regulatory and compliance matters, including EMTALA, HIPAA, physician contracting, corporate compliance, clinical laboratory, audits, fraud and abuse, licensing and certification, Medicare reimbursement, end-of-life decisions, medical staff matters, and patient care/operations advice.
- As an executive in the healthcare industry, she oversaw and directed the non-invasive cardiology and vascular labs, cardiac and pulmonary rehabilitation, cardiac catheterization and electrophysiology labs, open heart recovery unit, cardiovascular step-down unit, and respiratory therapy as the cardiothoracic and vascular service line executive with a sizable Kentucky-based hospital. She held similar roles in critical care and emergency services for a substantial hospital in Omaha, Nebraska.
- Was responsible for Joint Commission compliance, development, and reporting of organization-wide quality initiatives, developing a medical staff quality structure, and facilitating the medical staff peer review committees, as the director of quality and medical staff peer review with a significant Kentucky-based hospital.
- Author of Coker’s white paper, Compliance Program Effectiveness, which explores what it means to be effective, what constitutes a well-designed compliance program, and the barriers to implementing an effective program.