Areas of Expertise
- Compensation (Physician and Executive)
- Compliance Programs
- Contracting (Employment, Payer, IT Vendor)
- Due Diligence
- Fair Market Value/Commercial Reasonableness Opinions
- Hospital/Physician Alignment/Integration
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Performance Improvement
- Post-Merger Integration
- Quality-Based Healthcare Initiatives
- Strategic Planning
- Transaction Advisory
- Value-Based Care and Reimbursement
University of Florida
Master of Business Administration, Certifications
University of Tampa
Bachelor of Science, Finance
Certified Valuation Analyst (CVA)
Accredited in Business Valuation (ABV)
Certified Healthcare Financial Professional (CHFP)
Holds the Professional Academy of Healthcare Management designation (PAHM)
National Association of Certified Valuators and Analysts
Healthcare Financial Management Association
American Bar Association, Health Law Section, Vice Chair Distance Learning Committee
American Health Lawyers Association
Leadership Health Care, Founding Board Member
ABA (American Bar Association)
Vice Chair, Distance Learning Committee; Health Law Selection Leader for the 2020-2021 Bar Year
Richard Romero is a senior vice president at Coker Group. As a member of the company’s senior leadership team, he is responsible for oversight of healthcare valuation services out of the Nashville office. He serves clients through consulting and valuation of business enterprises and financial arrangements, litigation support, and regulatory compliance.
Mr. Romero comes to Coker Group with over 20 years of previous experience with regulatory compliance, valuation, and litigation support. His previous experience also includes strategic and operational consulting, bankruptcy and turn-around, valuation, litigation support, expert witness services, compliance and employment-related matters for clients such as physician and physician practices, independent practice associations, hospitals, specialty hospitals, joint-ventures, managed care organizations, billing companies, long-term care entities, governmental entities, and research agreements. For the last 10 years, Mr. Romero has consulted with clients on telemedicine services ranging from individual physician practices to large multi-state hospital entities.
He speaks on a national platform and has published articles on topics involving healthcare, litigation, and valuation. Currently, Mr. Romero is serving as a Co-Chair of the Distance Learning Committee for the American Bar Association (ABA). Mr. Romero has also served as an instructor for the National Association of Certified Valuation Analysts, earning Instructor of Great Distinction multiple years.
- Led the healthcare forensic and dispute consulting practice for one of the eight largest public accounting firms in the United States.
- Spoke regularly on a national platform and published on topics involving healthcare litigation and valuation.
- Consulted hospitals and physician groups on strategic and operational matters.
- Provided litigation support for healthcare organizations.