Areas of Expertise
- Compensation (Physician and Executive)
- Compliance Programs
- Contracting (Employment, Payer, IT Vendor)
- Due Diligence
- Fair Market Value/Commercial Reasonableness Opinions
- Hospital/Physician Alignment/Integration
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Performance Improvement
- Post-Merger Integration
- Quality-Based Healthcare Initiatives
- Strategic Planning
- Transaction Advisory
- Value-Based Care and Reimbursement
University of Florida
Master of Business Administration, Certifications
University of Tampa
Bachelor of Science, Finance
Certified Valuation Analyst (CVA)
Accredited in Business Valuation (ABV)
Certified Healthcare Financial Professional (CHFP)
Holds the Professional Academy of Healthcare Management designation (PAHM)
National Association of Certified Valuators and Analysts
Healthcare Financial Management Association
American Bar Association, Health Law Section, Vice Chair Distance Learning Committee
American Health Lawyers Association
Leadership Health Care, Founding Board Member
ABA (American Bar Association)
Vice Chair, Distance Learning Committee; Health Law Selection Leader for the 2020-2021 Bar Year
Richard Romero is a senior vice president at Coker Group. His focus is on the valuation of businesses and financial arrangements, litigation support, and regulatory compliance. Additionally, he has an expertise in strategic and operational consulting, bankruptcy and turnaround, expert witness services, and employment-related matters for physicians and physician practices, independent practice associations, hospitals, specialty hospitals, joint-ventures, managed care organizations, billing companies, long-term care entities, governmental entities, and research agreements.
Richard has over 20 years of experience with regulatory compliance, valuation, and litigation support. Before joining Coker, he was a healthcare director at HORNE LLP, where he was responsible for overseeing healthcare valuation services.
- Led the healthcare forensic and dispute consulting practice for one of the eight largest public accounting firms in the United States.
- Spoke regularly on a national platform and published on topics involving healthcare litigation and valuation.
- Consulted hospitals and physician groups on strategic and operational matters.
- Provided litigation support for healthcare organizations.