Areas of Expertise
University of Central Florida
Bachelor of Science in Accounting
Bachelor of Science in Finance
Morgan Stinchcomb is an associate at Coker Group. She attained her Bachelor of Science in Accounting and Bachelor of Science in Finance from the University of Central Florida and spent two years at Ernst and Young providing financial statement audits to a variety of HealthCare clients, including hospital systems and healthcare technology. She has acquired a working knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), Generally Accepted Auditing Standards (GAAS), and Uniform Guidance regulations.
- Utilized several internal data analytics software platforms to provide an analysis of potential risk areas and areas for improvement.
- Audit experience with SEC registrant, privately-held companies, and charitable foundations.
- Completed three “busy season” audits on one of the largest not-for-profit health care systems in the country with over $10 billion in revenue.
- Communicated with client management, including C-Suite level executives, on obtaining corroborating audit evidence and recommending audit adjustments or business process improvements.
- Assisted EY internal management in creating a “from scratch” audit approach for a first-year healthcare technology client. This included scoping high-risk areas, obtaining an understanding of each critical business process with how we can test it as well as consulting management on compliance with GAAP and other applicable laws/regulations.
- Performed substantive analytical procedures over high fraud risk areas of the audit, including medical malpractice, accounts receivable, workers compensation, stock-based compensation, fixed assets, uniform guidance, investments, and related parties.
- Obtained a working knowledge of U.S. Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), U.S. Generally Accepted Auditing Standards (GAAS), and Public Company Oversight Board (PCAOB) Auditing Standard.
- Oversaw and reviewed the work of incoming staff and interns. Assisted in coaching new team members in client communications and completion of testing.
- Completed bank reconciliations, spreadsheet work on pro-forma projections for investors and clientele, and other general accounting or office duties to assist the CFO and COO of a private equity investment fund.