Areas of Expertise
Georgia Institute of Technology
Master of Science in Health Systems
Bachelor of Industrial Engineering
Six Sigma Green Belt
Michael Gleason has over thirty years of financial and operational decision support experience working for a large, not-for-profit community health system. He provided leadership, analytics, and project management in support of the system’s rapid growth. His work encompassed financial and capital planning, budgeting, decision support, labor management, and process improvement.
- Supported updates to the long-range financial and capital plan to support strategic planning and establish annual budget targets.
- Managed the completion of the annual operating and capital budget, including the development of departmental operating budgets for acquired and new hospitals.
- Supported a successful organization-wide cost reduction effort by co-chairing one of nine organization-wide task forces charged with identifying $20 million in “green dollar” cost reductions and incorporating the identified reductions into the operating budget.
- Maintained financial decision support and labor productivity applications, including the completion of numerous reports on volume trends, payor mix, profitability, and departmental labor productivity.
- Completed financial and operational analyses of capital equipment requests, supported Value Analysis Teams by working with Supply Chain to quantify the cost-benefit of new product requests, and modeled hospital payment terms in support of contract negotiations with large commercial payors.
- Compared hospital departmental labor productivity results to designated benchmark percentiles to quantify opportunities for cost savings and to set budget targets.
- Supported process improvement and facility development projects, including reducing Emergency Department length of stay, increasing Operating Room block utilization, and planning for corporate space needs.