Areas of Expertise
University of Florida
Master of Business Administration
Brigham Young University
Bachelor of Science, Management/ Corporate Finance
Accredited Senior Appraiser, American Society of Appraisers
Matt Jensen is a senior manager at Coker Group with over ten years of consulting experience. Matt is a leader in the business valuation and physician compensation valuation practice. His focus is on developing valuation opinions of provider compensation agreements, healthcare-related businesses, intangible assets, and co-management arrangements. He also conducts complex analyses to assess payer contracting opportunities as part of healthcare mergers, acquisitions, and alignment transactions. Matt strives to help healthcare organizations minimize risk and ensure that financial arrangements meet the detailed requirements related to fair market value and commercial reasonableness opinions.
Matt also directs Coker Group’s knowledge management activities.
- Developed valuation opinions of provider compensation agreements for healthcare organizations.
- Led business valuation projects for hospitals and physician groups throughout the country.
- Conducted business and intangible asset valuations for financial reporting (fair value) and regulatory (fair market value) purposes.
- Completed “fresh start” accounting valuations for two of the five largest bankruptcies in U.S. history.
- Provided fair value opinions for several multi-billion-dollar international acquisitions and reorganizations.
- Served in the business valuation practices of two of the “Big Four” accounting firms, including a prestigious management rotation with Deloitte’s knowledge management team.