Areas of Expertise
University of London
Master of Science, Financial Economics
London, United Kingdom
Georgia State University
Bachelor of Arts, Political Science
Harvard Business School
Certificate, Executive Education: High Potentials Leadership Program
FINRA Series 7, 63, 65, 79
Mark Reiboldt is senior vice president and director of strategy at the Coker Group, where he specializes in financial and transaction advisory for hospitals, medical groups, and other healthcare organizations. These transactions include mergers and acquisitions, divestitures, equity purchases, physician alignment deals, and joint ventures. Mark’s advisory services often entail acquisition/investment due diligence, valuation services, transaction management, buyside representation, strategic alternatives processes, and post-merger integration. As director of strategy, he serves on the executive leadership team and works with the firm’s senior management on various strategic projects. He is a board member and secretary of the Coker Foundation, the firm’s non-profit charity organization.
Mark regularly presents at national and regional industry conferences on various of topics, such as healthcare financial transactions, valuation trends, capital markets issues, and healthcare public policy. He has also contributed to articles and books for publications covering a wide range of topics, and many pieces featured in industry and mainstream media publications. Mark hosts “Coffee with Coker,” a healthcare business podcast published by the Coker Group.
- Advised major multi-billion-dollar health system on acquiring a multi-hospital system valued at over $650 million.
- Served as an advisor on healthcare transactions with a cumulative value of over $2.5 billion.
- Consulted on the largest GI hospital joint venture and ancillary center acquisition in the country with the total transaction value of over $65 million.
- Led team providing transaction services and post-merger integration to acquire a 200-bed hospital valued at over $180 million.
- Assisted an academic health system in purchasing a major management services organization valued at over $60 million.
- Advised multiple private equity firms and platform companies on acquisitions of healthcare services entities, assisting with due diligence, valuation advisory, deal structuring, and integration.
- Lead advisor to an urban-based multi-billion-dollar health system in multiple transactions, including hospital acquisition, physician practice joint ventures, ASC equity purchases, and a strategic joint venture affiliation with other regional health systems.
- Advised hospitals on over 100 physician group alignment deals and more than 150 ASC acquisitions, with specialties including GI, orthopedics, cardiology, ENT, pediatrics, oncology, pulmonology, nephrology, neurosurgery, and other medical and surgical sub-specialties.
- Consulted multiple organizations and investment firms undergoing transactions with private and publicly traded healthcare technology companies.
- Assisted numerous physician practices on alignment deals and joint ventures with health systems, and group practice mergers.
- Served as an analyst in the transaction services group at Trammell Crow Company, where he worked on multi-billion-dollar merger transactions for Fortune 100 companies.
- Worked with various public policy organizations based in Washington, D.C., in a previous capacity.