Areas of Expertise
University of London
Master of Science, Financial Economics
London, United Kingdom
Georgia State University
Bachelor of Arts, Political Science
Harvard Business School
Certificate, Executive Education: High Potentials Leadership Program
FINRA Series 7, 63, 65, 79
Mark Reiboldt is senior vice president and director of strategy at the Coker Group, where he specializes in financial and transaction advisory for hospitals, medical groups, and other healthcare organizations. These transactions include mergers and acquisitions, divestitures, equity purchases, physician alignment deals, and joint ventures. Mr. Reiboldt’s advisory services often entail acquisition/investment due diligence, valuation services, transaction management, buyside representation, strategic alternatives processes, and post-merger integration. In his role as director of strategy, he serves on the executive leadership team and works with the firm’s senior management on various strategic projects. He also serves as a board member and secretary of Coker Foundation, the firm’s non-profit charity organization.
Mr. Reiboldt regularly presents at national and regional industry conferences on a variety of topics, such as healthcare financial transactions, valuation trends, capital markets issues, and healthcare public policy. He has also contributed as an author on articles and books for a variety of publications covering a wide range of topics, and many pieces featured in numerous industry and mainstream media publications. He also hosts “Coffee with Coker,” a popular healthcare business podcast published by the Coker Group.
- Advised major multi-billion-dollar health system on the acquisition of a multi-hospital system valued at over $650 million.
- Served as an advisor on healthcare transactions with a cumulative value of over $2.5 billion.
- Consulted on largest GI hospital joint venture and ancillary center acquisition in the country with the total transaction value of over $65 million.
- Led team providing transaction services and post-merger integration on the acquisition of 200-bed hospital valued at over $180 million.
- Assisted an academic health system in the purchase of a major management services organization valued at over $60 million.
- Advised multiple private equity firms and platform companies on acquisitions of healthcare services entities, assisting with due diligence, valuation advisory, deal structuring, and integration.
- Lead advisor to an urban-based multi-billion-dollar health system in multiple transactions, including hospital acquisition, physician practice joint ventures, ASC equity purchases, and a strategic joint venture affiliation with other regional health systems.
- Advised hospitals on over 100 physician group alignment deals and more than 150 ASC acquisitions, with specialties including GI, orthopedics, cardiology, ENT, pediatrics, oncology, pulmonology, nephrology, neurosurgery, and many other medical and surgical sub-specialties.
- Consulted multiple organizations and investment firms undergoing transactions with private and publicly-traded healthcare technology companies.
- Assisted numerous physician practices on alignment deals and joint ventures with health systems, as well as group practice mergers.
- Served as an analyst in the transaction services group at Trammell Crow Company, where he worked on multi-billion-dollar merger transactions for Fortune 100 companies.
- Worked with various public policy organizations based in Washington, D.C., in a previous capacity.