Areas of Expertise
Northwestern University, Kellogg School of Management
Master of Business Administration
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
Bachelor of Science, Business Administration
Kelly Raffel is a healthcare executive with over 25 years of experience in healthcare management. She possesses a successful record of achievement in physician alignment, project management, and strategic planning. Ms. Raffel also has extensive experience leading cross-functional teams to successfully execute various organizational initiatives and achieve revenue growth, enhanced value, and stronger physician alignment leading to improved patient outcomes. This includes leading over a dozen practice acquisitions and guiding the integration of medical group and hospital services. She has experience in the development, implementation and execution of accountable care and population health management strategies designed to respond to emerging value-based reimbursement models. In addition, she has led several business development efforts, guiding new program offerings from strategic planning through implementation.
- Directed the development and implementation of various physician partnership models that strengthened engagement and alignment.
- Led value-based care planning efforts with a small team that became the basis for an organization’s three-year strategic plan. Partnered with clinical and administrative teams in implementing the plan, organizing a clinically integrated network of 320 physicians and five value-based shared risk contracts covering over 80,000 attributed lives, and operationalized the use of population health management tools and care management services.
- Managed activities (in partnership with the CEO) associated with a $16 million practice acquisition that served as the foundation for an organization’s employed physician model.
- Led all post-acquisition integration activities, developing a project roadmap and effectively guiding business and functional areas across the hospital and medical group to create a coordinated healthcare system.
- Transformed medical group ancillary services to hospital (provider)-based and optimized reimbursement in compliance with rigorous Centers for Medicare and Medicaid (CMS) standards.
- Planned and executed several strategic initiatives and created the infrastructure to support new program offerings including a physician outreach program, family health center, physician billing center, and travel health clinic.
- Administered a practice incubator that provided start-up and management services to multiple physician practices.