Areas of Expertise
Northwestern University, Kellogg School of Management
Master of Business Administration
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
Bachelor of Science, Business Administration
Kelly Raffel is a senior manager with Coker Group, where she partners with health systems, medical practices, and other healthcare clients to provide advisory services focused on operations, strategy development, and implementation. She has a successful record of achievement in hospital/physician alignment, project management, and strategic planning. Kelly has experience developing, implementing, and executing accountable care and population health management strategies to respond to emerging value-based models. She also has extensive experience leading cross-functional teams to successfully execute various organizational initiatives and achieve revenue growth, enhanced value, and stronger physician alignment leading to improved patient outcomes. Her accomplishments include leading over a dozen practice acquisitions and guiding the integration of medical group and hospital services. She has led several business development efforts, guiding new program offerings from strategic planning through implementation.
- Directed the development and implementation of various physician partnership models that strengthened engagement and alignment.
- Led value-based care planning efforts with a small team that became the basis for an organization’s three-year strategic plan. Partnered with clinical and administrative teams to implement the plan, organize a clinically integrated network of 320 physicians and five value-based shared risk contracts covering over 80,000 attributed lives, and operationalized population health management tools and care management services.
- Managed activities, in partnership with the CEO, associated with a $16 million practice acquisition that served as the foundation for an organization’s employed physician model.
- Led all post-acquisition integration activities, developing a project roadmap and effectively guiding business and functional areas across the hospital and medical group to create a coordinated healthcare system.
- Transformed medical group ancillary services to hospital (provider)-based and optimized reimbursement in compliance with rigorous Centers for Medicare and Medicaid (CMS) standards.
- Planned and executed several strategic initiatives and created the infrastructure to support new program offerings, including a physician outreach program, family health center, physician billing center, and travel health clinic.
- Administered a practice incubator that provided start-up and management services to multiple physician practices.