Areas of Expertise
Abilene Christian University
Master of Accountancy
Bachelor of Business Administration, Accounting
Certified Public Accountant
Licensed CPA, Texas State Board of Public Accountancy American Institute
Certified Public Accountants Texas Society of Certified Public Accountants
Justin Chamblee, MAcc, CPA, is a senior vice president and director of operations at Coker Group. As an executive healthcare consultant and certified public accountant, he provides strategic and financial counsel to healthcare organizations, physician practices, and healthcare attorneys throughout the country, dealing primarily with physician compensation and hospital-physician transactions. His work in physician compensation involves strategy by assisting healthcare organizations as they restructure their compensation arrangements to ensure they are consistent with the market on a macro and micro basis. Mr. Chamblee’s work also includes compensation valuation, helping healthcare organizations ensure that their financial arrangements comply with the requirements of fair market value and commercial reasonableness. His work involves the most basic hospital-physician arrangements, such as call pay and medical directorships, to more complex agreements such as the distribution of funds from ACO/CINs and other novel value-based structures. Other areas of expertise include contract negotiations, sale/acquisition negotiations, strategic planning, and other areas of finance.
As a recognized thought leader, Mr. Chamblee frequently presents at national conferences where physician leaders, healthcare legal counsel, and health system administrators gather to gain knowledge in the areas of physician compensation and hospital-physician integration. He has also authored several books and professional publications in collaboration with Greenbranch Publishing, the Healthcare Financial Management Association, the American Medical Association, and HealthLeaders Media.
- Assisted healthcare organizations in the reconstruction of compensation arrangements.
- Completed physician compensation valuations to ensure requirements of fair market value and commercial reasonableness are met.
- Served as a senior associate with PricewaterhouseCoopers where he assisted in the completion of financial statement audits for multi-billion dollar publicly traded companies, including the review of documents to be filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission.
- Worked closely with executives, such as the controller and director of financial reporting, to resolve issues.
- Functioned as an audit team member to solve complex accounting issues, meet deadlines, perform technical research, and coach lower level staff.