Areas of Expertise
Abilene Christian University
Master of Accountancy
Bachelor of Business Administration, Accounting
Certified Public Accountant
Licensed CPA, Texas State Board of Public Accountancy American Institute
Texas Society of Certified Public Accountants
Justin Chamblee, CPA, is a senior vice president at Coker Group. He provides strategic and financial counsel to hospitals/health systems, medical groups, healthcare attorneys, and other healthcare organizations throughout the country, dealing primarily with physician compensation. He is heavily involved in physician compensation strategy matters, working with organizations to transition their compensation models to adopt industry best practices, adapt to the current value-based landscape, and align with the mission/vision/values of the organization. Justin’s work also includes compensation valuation, helping healthcare organizations ensure that their financial arrangements comply with the requirements of fair market value and commercial reasonableness. His work involves the most basic hospital-physician agreements, such as call pay and medical directorships, to more complex mechanisms, such as the distribution of funds from ACO/CINs and other novel value-based structures. Other areas of expertise include transaction due diligence, value-based reimbursement strategy, and business valuation.
As a recognized thought leader, Mr. Chamblee frequently presents at national conferences where physician leaders, healthcare legal counsel, and healthcare executives gather to gain knowledge in physician compensation and hospital-physician integration. He is the author of several books and professional publications in collaboration with Greenbranch Publishing, the Healthcare Financial Management Association, the American Medical Association, and HealthLeaders Media.
In addition to his consulting practice, Justin serves on Coker Group’s Executive Committee in the role of Director of Operations, leading the day-to-day functions of the company. He is also an advisor to ProCare Portal, a leading physician compensation automation platform revolutionizing the management of physician compensation models.
- Works with healthcare organizations with employed providers ranging from 20 to 500+ to develop an end-to-end solution to redesign their compensation strategy.
- Assists multiple clients with their ongoing compensation valuation needs.
- Provides consultation to various clients in their development of the value-based distribution model from ACOs/CINs or other P4P platforms.
- Develops comprehensive fair market value compliance programs for clients to screen their arrangements for potential compliance issues.
- Advises clients on transaction advisory initiatives, dealing with deal structure and compensation model structure.
- Serves as an expert witness in physician compensation matters.