Areas of Expertise
Ball State University
Bachelor of Science in Accounting
Certified Public Accountant
Medical Group Management Association
Healthcare Financial Management Association
John Collier, CPA, is a vice president at Coker Group. He has over 25 years of experience representing providers in reviewing, analyzing, and negotiating managed care agreements for physician groups, hospitals, and other facilities. John has worked with integrated delivery systems, single hospitals, multi-specialty physician groups, and independent private practices to achieve their goals and improve their agreements and relationships with managed care organizations. John has worked strategically with healthcare systems to develop innovative reimbursement structures such as bundled payments and risk-based agreements. He has experience in contracting with all commercial payers as well as Medicare, Medicaid, and other governmental payers. While he approaches an agreement from a legal perspective, he has the practical knowledge and experience to understand what providers need to have in a contract and what does not need to be there. He is a welcome speaker for provider-based events and passed the CPA examination in 1982.
- Successfully completed negotiations for hospital system previously without managed care agreements.
- Analyzed physician guarantee agreements for hospital-based physicians resulting in over $600,000 annual payments to the hospital system.
- Lead negotiations for multiple hospital and physician agreements resulting in positive financial outcomes.
- Worked with payers to achieve gain-sharing agreements.
- Developed bundled payment arrangements with hospitals and payers.