Areas of Expertise
- Project Management
- Project Optimization
- Quality Assurance
- Training Initiatives
- Sales/Operational Assessments
- System Implementation
- Regulatory Compliance
- Staff Development
- Data Management
- Product Management
- Sales Enablement
Bachelor of Science in Exercise Science
James “Jay” Heslin, a senior associate in Coker Group’s Technology division, is a seasoned, results-driven professional with over eight years of healthcare experience in various capacities. Mr. Heslin has over four years of specialized expertise overseeing implementation, testing, and optimizing complex systems and solutions with budgets of up to $4.5 million. He has a well-developed ability to establish and introduce improved operational guidelines and document management practices according to industry best practices.
- Prepared and delivered technical demonstrations of clinical and financial modules within the hospital setting, plus ambulatory products.
- Collected discovery during pre-sales on-site assessment of hospital workflows from registration through the payment of visit to properly provide a holistic demonstration of the system explicitly catered in a hospital setting.
- Co-managed implementation of a multiplatform electronic health record (“EHR”) specializing in rural hospitals by coordinating internal departments’ taskwork to ensure a timely, efficient, and cost-effective onboarding process.
- Assisted in overseeing logistics of comprehensive implementation initiatives for leading healthcare organizations generating more than $1 billion in annual revenue, serving more than 100,000 network providers and 100 million patients nationwide.
- Led client training and provided on-site go-live support throughout the transition of newly-optimized platforms, working to optimize practice management, physician billing, and EHR management processes.
- Worked directly with marketing, product, and development teams to construct progressive and realistic product road map items to better fit the needs of potential and existing clients based upon discussions of the pros and cons of competing systems.