Jaci J. Kipreos, CPC, CPMA, CDEO, CEMC, CRC, COC
Director of Provider Audit Services
- [email protected]
Areas of Expertise
Virginia Tech – Pamplin College of Business
Bachelor of Science, Finance
Certified Professional Coder (CPC)
Certified Professional Medical Auditor (CPMA)
Certified Documentation Expert Outpatient (CDEO)
Certified Evaluation and Management Coder (CEMC)
Certified Risk Adjustment Coder(CRC)
Certified Outpatient Coder (COC)
American Academy of Professional Coders (AAPC)
Medical Group Management Association (MGMA)
Jaci J. Kipreos, CPC, CPMA, CDEO, CEMC, CRC, COC, is the Director of Provider Audit Services at Coker Group, and an approved instructor for AAPC. She has over 30 years of experience working in the field of medical coding and auditing and has been a Certified Professional Coder (CPC) since 1994. She has acquired numerous certifications, and her experience includes a wide range of practice settings, with particular expertise in coding for OB/GYN, family care, urgent care, and general surgery. Jaci is also knowledgeable in Medicare Teaching Physician Guidelines and other Medicare policies, with particular emphasis on Evaluation and Management.
Nationally acclaimed for medical coding, many have called on her expertise to assist their practice in the area(s) of physician office compliance, medical chart audits, and provider and staff education. Jaci was recognized as Coder of the Year for the State of Virginia in 2006.
Additionally, Jaci has been an instructor for over25 years for CPC, CPMA, and COC, and is a Certified ICD-10 Instructor through AAPC for both ICD-10 CM and ICD-10 PCS.Jaci is a past president of local chapters of AAPC and is also the previous president of the AAPCNational Advisory Board.
- Managed a national client list in monitoring provider documentation and performing audits for physician practices.
- Provided a wide range of educational topics to assist clients in the area of chart documentation, Medicare’s Teaching Physician Guidelines, surgical coding, modifier usage, and basic coding skills.
- Conducted audits for providers in all regions of a prominent health system in Virginia and presented all findings in audit reports submitted to hospital management.
- Over 25 years of experience as an instructor for various AAPC workshops, events, and conferences.
- Seasoned presenter for the AAPC and MGMA
- Current content creator for the “compliance corner” portion of the JDPA (quarterly magazine for the Dermatology Physicians Assistants organization).
- Participated in a team project to create a coding system to capture healthcare services in Kigali, Rwanda (working with AAPC, the Ministry of Health (Rwanda), and Management Sciences for Health(a US-based organization).