Areas of Expertise
University of Georgia-J.M. Tull School of Accounting
Master of Accountancy, Taxation Focus, MAcc
Bachelor of Business Administration in Accounting
Hannah Chyzik is an associate at Coker Group. She has a background in accounting as well as income tax planning and compliance work primarily with ultra-high net worth individuals, family partnerships, and domestic corporations. Additionally, she has assisted in the income tax provision audit of publicly traded and private companies for year-end procedures and quarterly reviews.
- Served as a senior consultant with a Big Four public accounting firm.
- Ran a team of five plus staff consultants, including international professionals.
- Assisted in the tax compliance completion and review of a company in the year of acquisition.
- Identified and calculated book-to-tax adjustments for both extension and return time filings.
- Managed fixed assets ledger for GAAP and tax books, including additions, disposals, and bonus depreciation.
- Prepared and filed Forms 1099-MISC and 1099-NEC for all necessary vendors.
- Responded to tax notices from various federal, state, and international agencies.
- Assisted with the expansion of companies into domestic and international markets through researching the most tax advantageous options.
- Prepared and reviewed complex federal and state tax returns and extensions for partnerships, S Corps, individuals, trusts, gifts, and exempt organizations.
- Wrote tax memos to support positions taken on various intricate tax issues faced by private wealth clients including active versus passive treatment and residency determinations.
- Performed year-end audit and quarterly review procedures of income tax provisions under ASC 740 for various publicly traded and private multinational corporations under US GAAP and IFRS.
- Researched, documented, and composed client deliverables detailing the associated tax implications resulting from mergers and acquisitions.
- Trained and mentored Deloitte Tax interns and new team members, including overseas tax compliance personnel based in Deloitte’s Hyderabad, India office.
- Researched and attended technical trainings to advise clients on significant international tax provisions enacted as a result of tax reform (BEAT, 163(j), GILTI, FDII).