Areas of Expertise
Beth Balcom, CPC, is a senior associate at Coker Group. She has over 20 years of experience in areas such as multi-specialty revenue cycle, including extensive provider coding/auditing/education, payer guidelines, and process optimization. Beth has exhibited proven leadership in leading and developing talent while maintaining high team engagement. Her specialties are in coding and compliance, along with significant experience in evaluation and management services. Beth has been involved in improving EMR workflow and documentation while adhering to compliance and regulatory guidelines. She has also successfully maintained organizational and professional ethical standards while providing auditing and educational services.
- Extensive involvement and research for a large medical group on the implementation of telehealth services during a public health emergency.
- Provided education to providers, medical staff, and the revenue cycle team on coding and payer guidelines.
- Worked closely with EMR programmers to create sufficient compliant workflow while meeting telehealth guidelines.
- Provided ongoing audits with feedback while working closely with providers on audit findings.
- Extensive involvement and research for a large medical group on 2021 office E/M changes.
- Provided extensive education to providers, medical staff, and the revenue cycle team.
- Worked closely with EMR programmers to ensure new guidelines and compliance standards were met.
- Led ongoing audits while providing continuous feedback and education to providers.