Areas of Expertise
- Compensation (Physician and Executive)
- Healthcare Compliance Services
- Compliance Programs
- Due Diligence
- Financial Modeling and Economic Analysis
- Fair Market Value/Commercial Reasonableness Opinions
- Governance Structure Optimization
- Hospital/Physician Alignment/Integration
- Interim Management
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Strategic Planning
- Regulatory Compliance
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
Master of Accountancy
Bachelor of Finance, Accountancy
Certified Public Accountant
Accredited in Business Valuation
American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
Member of AICPA’s specialized Forensic & Valuation Services Center
Amit is a vice president at Coker Group and has a leadership role in the firm’s Finance, Operations, and Strategy Service Line. He has over ten years of experience leading valuations of business enterprises, clinical and administrative compensation, coverage stipends, leases, management, and professional services, and joint ventures. His acumen helps clients to understand the how and why of conclusions so they can make informed decisions about fair and defensible agreements at a time of evolving regulatory industry requirements.
He develops innovative and effective compensation and business structures, incorporating best-practice traditional and emerging payment models. Amit also designs and implements governance, management, operation, and financial systems that assist hospitals and providers to work more effectively and achieve mutual objectives. He regularly publishes thought leadership content and is frequently engaged to speak at healthcare conferences. He also serves as a featured guest and subject matter expert for podcasts and other presentations hosted by healthcare attorneys and providers.
- Before joining Coker, Amit focused on valuation and litigation support for healthcare business arrangements for mergers and acquisitions, corporate compliance, and financial reporting in academic, community, and other settings.
- In his previous healthcare consulting roles, he conducted fair market value opinions and commercial reasonableness assessments for hundreds of arrangements across a wide spectrum of physician specialties.
- Amit also supported joint venture planning and assessed financial viability and partnership terms, including evaluations of the contributions, risks, and investments of involved entities.