Areas of Expertise
- Physician Compensation Design and Review
- Physician Employment
- Hospital/Physician Alignment
- Medical Group Financial Analysis
- Sale/Acquisitions Due Diligence
- Strategic Planning and Business Plan Development
- Value-Based Care
- Reimbursement Strategies
- Fair Market Value and Commercial Reasonableness Opinions
- Performance Improvement
Master of Business Administration
Bachelor of Science, Marketing
Alex Kirkland, MBA, is a vice president at Coker Group. He has over 12 years of healthcare experience from a financial and operational background, focusing on physician compensation, reimbursement models, and population health. His primary focus with Coker is on physician alignment transactions, compensation trends, and payer reimbursement strategies.
Alex has also led consulting engagements for services in health systems and medical groups, including co-developing and overseeing the delivery of a MACRA consulting offering where outcomes ranged from increased quality scores to incremental revenue based on new payment model strategies. Further, he developed a medical specialty organization framework to assist their membership in evaluating alternative payment models (APMs). He led a team of 20 delivery resources to support a $20M+ reporting product that identified medical groups’ financial opportunities.
- Developed physician compensation arrangements and incentive strategies that align with organizational mission and values.
- Provided education to executives and medical staff members on provider compensation through evolving reimbursement structures.
- Utilized change management skills to lead physician leaders from diverse backgrounds through strategic and compensation process changes
- Developed ROI business case opportunities for physician enterprise improvement and supported the execution of those opportunities, exceeding the stated benefit targets.
- Delivered value-based strategic guidance for healthcare organizations to pursue value-based initiatives and payment strategies.
- Completed value-based arrangement valuations to ensure requirements of fair market value and commercial reasonableness are met.