Areas of Expertise
- Compensation (Physician and Executive)
- Due Diligence
- Fair Market Value/Commercial Reasonableness Opinions
- Hospital/Physician Alignment/Integration
- Patient Access
- Physician Practice Performance Improvement
- Population Health Management
- Quality-Based Healthcare Initiatives
- Strategic Planning
- Value-Based Care and Reimbursement
Master of Business Administration
Bachelor of Science, Marketing
American College of Healthcare Executives
Alex Kirkland is a vice president at Coker Group. He has over ten years of healthcare experience from a financial and operational background with an emphasis on physician compensation, reimbursement models, and population health. With Coker, he focuses primarily on physician alignment transactions, compensation trends, and payer reimbursement strategies.
- Led consulting engagements for various services in the health system and for medical groups, including co-developing and leading delivery of a MACRA consulting offering where outcomes ranged from increased quality scores to incremental revenue based on new payment model strategies.
- Implemented performance improvement initiatives within many employed medical groups that drove baseline revenue or reduced expense structures necessary for financial sustainability.
- Developed a framework for a medical specialty organization to assist their membership in evaluating alternative payment models (APMs).
- Oversaw a team of 20 delivery resources to support a $20M+ reporting product that identified financial opportunities for medical groups.
- Served as finance manager for diabetes treatment centers.