CMS Publishes CY2021 Final Rule
- December 2, 2020
The Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) has publicly stated they cannot supply analysis projections with any certainty.
Consult the experts to assess the direct and indirect financial ramifications of this Final Rule.
Here’s our three-step call to action:
- Don’t panic! Freeze physician wRVU payment rates and take time to analyze the situation.
- Analyze. Run CPT level scenario projections to assess the top-line revenue changes and the associated physician compensation impact.
- Implement a plan. Review the results and weigh the alternatives. Select the appropriate course of action and move forward with implementation. Proactively communicate the plan with your physicians and administrators.
Next Steps to Implement the Call to Action
- Use our 2021 E/M Impact Calculator to analyze your situation.
- Contact us if you need help assessing the direct and indirect financial impact or implementing a plan.
- Attend our upcoming webinar on the E/M 2021 coding changes.
Coker Group is here to help! We have a wealth of experience in assisting hospitals and health systems with complex physician matters. Contact us today if you need help analyzing your situation or implementing a plan.