Coffee with Coker
Bonus Episode: One Month into MACRA Webinar
- January 31, 2019
Roz Cordini, Brandt Jewell, and Alex Kirkland join Mark for a webinar to discuss the Medicare Quality Payment Program (QPP). The discussion was recorded live during its presentation on January 24, 2019.
We welcome all feedback from our listeners. Please submit questions on any of the topics we discuss or questions about issues that interest you. You can also provide recommendations on topics for future episodes.
- Email us: [email protected]
- Connect with us on LinkedIn: Coker Group Company Page
- Follow us on Twitter: @cokergroup
- Follow us on Instagram: @cokergroup
As part of the Medicare Access and CHIP Reauthorization Act (MACRA), the Medicare Quality Payment Program (QPP) was established and consists of two participation pathways for clinicians: the Merit-based Incentive Payment System (MIPS) and Advanced Alternative Payment Models (Advanced APMs). CMS has been gradually implementing the full scope of MACRA over the past three years, and January 1, 2019, marks the beginning of MIPS adjustments to Medicare Part B fee-for-service revenue. The panel discussion will focus on identifying potential pain points for healthcare organizations as a result of MACRA and review key changes for CY 2019 as outlined in the final rule.
- Identify the potential pain points of full MACRA implementation and outline the first steps organizations should take to alleviate issues.
- Review the final rule for the quality payment program and how these changes impact APMs and MIPS.
- Discuss the impact E/M changes will have on reimbursement and physician compensation.